09. 07. 2012. · For the first time since July 4, 2011, there’s been a change at the top of the rankings.
In the ATP Ranking List as of Monday, July 9, Nole is at no.2 with 11,000 points, after holding the no.1 ranking for 53 consecutive weeks.
Roger Federer has returned to world no.1 after winning a record-equalling seventh Wimbledon crown with win over Andy Murray in the final of The Championships.
The Swiss is on top with 75 points more than Novak, while Spaniard Rafael Nadal has dropped to no.3.
1.Roger Federer (SUI) 11,075
2. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 11,000
3. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 8,905
4. Andy Murray (GBR) 7,460
5. David Ferrer (ESP) 5,430
6. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 5,230
7. Tomas Berdych (CZE) 4,515
8. Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) 3,215
9. Juan Martin Del Potro (ARG) 3,180
10. Nicolas Almagro (ESP) 2,605
In the ATP Race to London list, Federer is first with 7,085 points, followed by Djokovic with 6,840 and Nadal with 6,795.
Novak will return to Wimbledon in three weeks, where he will aim to win his first singles gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics. He won a bronze medal for Serbia in Beijing 2008.
Photo: Getty Images