17. 07. 2012. · The 2012 Summer Olympic Games will take place in London, England, United Kingdom, from July 27 to August 12, 2012. London will become the first city to officially host the modern Olympic Games three times, having previously done so in 1908 and in 1948.
The tennis competition begins on Saturday, July 28, and will be held on the grass courts of Wimbledon. Medal events will take place on Sunday August 5.
The draw for the men’s singles and doubles is scheduled to take place on July 26.
In the men’s singles, a 64 draw will be used with the entries broken down as follows:
– 56 Direct Acceptances, based on world rankings as of June 11, 2012
– 6 Final Qualification Places (ITF Places)
– 2 Tripartite Commission Invitation Places
A maximum of four players from any country can be entered and if this happens then they will each be placed in a different quarter of the draw.
In the men’s doubles, a 32 draw will be used with the entries broken down as follows:
– 24 Direct Acceptances, based on world rankings as of June 11, 2012
– 8 Final Qualification Places (ITF Places)
A maximum of two pairs from any country can be entered and if this happens then they will each be placed in a different half of the draw.
Players will not be requested to follow Wimbledon tradition of wearing predominantly white clothes and will be encouraged to wear their country’s colors.
Novak will be Serbia’s flag bearer during the opening ceremony. He won the bronze medal in singles at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 with a 6-3, 7-6(4) win over American James Blake.
Nole and Viktor Troicki will be teaming up together to compete for Serbia in the doubles.
2008 Olympic Medalists:
Rafael Nadal (ESP), Fernando Gonzalez (CHI), Novak Djokovic (SRB)
Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI), Simon Aspelin and Thomas Johansson (SWE), Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan (USA)