12. 06. 2012. · After reaching the Roland Garros final for the first time, Nole has increased his lead over Rafael Nadal in the ATP Ranking List.
Serbia’s world no.1 is on top with 12,280 points; Spaniard Rafael Nadal comes 2nd with 10,060 points, while Swiss Roger Federer is placed 3rd with 9,310 points.
ATP top 10 as of June 11:
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 12,280
2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 10,060
3. Roger Federer (SUI) 9,310
4. Andy Murray (GBR) 6,980
5. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 5,230
6. David Ferrer (ESP) 5,180
7. Tomas Berdych (CZE) 4,685
8. Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) 3,200
9. Juan Martin del Potro (ARG) 3,180
10. John Isner (USA) 2,655
The only change in the top is the return to the top 10 of the American John Isner, while his countryman Mardy Fish dropped two places to no.12.
With his seventh French Open title Rafael Nadal has moved ahead of Novak in the 2012 Race Rankings.
The current Top 5 ATP Race List:
1. Rafael Nadal 6,750
2. Novak Djokovic 6,120
3. Roger Federer 4,945
4. David Ferrer 3,300
5. Andy Murray 2,600
There are still plenty of points to be had this year with Wimbledon and the US Open, both offering 2,000 points to the winner, four 1,000 point Masters events, the 1,500 point London Finals and the Olympics which awards 750 points to the gold medalist.
Reigning Wimbledon champion Djokovic will have a week off, and then he’s going to practice on grass for the most prestigious tennis tournament in the world. The Championships will be played at the All England Club from June 25 to July 8.
Photo: Getty Images